Ease of use
Apollo can play an important role in optimizing your anesthesia workflow and
reducing process costs with features such as the fully automatic self-test.
Since no user interaction is required, you are free to get on with other jobs.
In addition to providing you with invaluable assistance through best-in-class
therapy, Apollo also offers you an open-platform architecture - enabling it to
be easily integrated into your overall workflow.
Create your own custom-designed anesthesia workstation by adding our
Infinity® Omega Solution and Innovian® Anesthesia information
management system. Infinity’s Pick and Go® transport solution not
only offers seamless monitoring during transport, its intelligent docking
stations and ergonomic cabling system minimize transition times while helping
optimize data continuity and patient care.
User friendly ergonomics
The Apollo was designed in response to feedback from anesthesiologists and
CRNAs from the United States. Dräger has developed a consistent and accepted
user interface between Apollo and its entire anesthesia delivery platform
including the Fabius GS, Fabius® GS premium and the Fabius Tiro. Apollo has many
practical and ergonomically sound features:
- All functional elements are within easy reach of seated or standing
- Unique breathing bag arm design provides the ultimate in flexibility
- Unique larger swivel writing surface
- Integrated auxiliary O2 and pressure gauge where you need them
- 2 deep drawers for storage (one is lockable)
- Integrated footrest and centrally operated brake
- Integrated and dimmable task lighting
- Integrated power outlet for desflurane vaporizer
- 2 or 3 vaporizer mount – Autoexclusion interlock system
Piston vs. bellows
The anesthesia ventilator has traditionally been based upon a bellows design.
After many years of producing bellows-type anesthesia ventilators, Dräger
adopted the piston design as the platform for the future. The following summary
highlights the key features of the piston design and the rationale for adopting
Apollo has the ventilation technology to support patients of any age and
acuity. The E-Vent plus servo controlled high-speed piston ventilator works with
great precision to supply a maximum peak flow far in excess of any bellows
ventilator, resulting in the kind of performance previously only seen in the
ICU. Additionally, unlike a bellows ventilator, it requires no drive gas. The
very short response time has clear physiological benefits for your patients,
while the digital precision helps you make the most of the latest ventilation
Unique low-flow wizard
Apollo is designed to support the user by providing optimal low and minimal
flow settings. The consistent use of low-flow anesthesia techniques can
significantly reduce the cost of inhalational anesthetic agents. Reducing the
fresh gas flow from 3L/min to 1L/min can result in anesthetic agent savings of
up to 50%.
- Simple straightforward statup makes it easier for the staff and provides
complete information on device status
- Enhanced troubleshooting with clear text directions
- Integrated breathing system eliminates external hoses and clutter, reducing
risk of misconnection and disconnection
- Fully automatic self test lasts approximately three minutes, reflects the
results to the user, and makes results available to the user at any time.